Statements of Approach to the Social, Ethical & Environmental Aspects of the Business
Harris Glubb’s approach to business is based on the following underlying principles:
Fairness – We work in a way which promotes equality and diversity, and which does not discriminate against any of our staff, service users or volunteers.
Respect – We work in partnership with staff, service users and volunteers to encourage a culture where everyone receives respect and can voice their needs, knowing that they will be heard.
Honesty – We work to ensure our practices are transparent and open to scrutiny.
Expertise and ethics – We work to high standards to ensure that the needs of our service users are recognised and met.
Human Rights and Anti-Slavery
The right to be free from forced labour, slavery and servitude is a fundamental human right under international law, including the European Convention on Human Rights. Harris Glubb is committed to respecting and upholding internationally-recognised human rights in terms of:
- Its organisational structure and operating model
- The make-up of its supply chains
- Relationships with suppliers and others
- The expectation that all suppliers to Harris Glubb meet our own standards of compliance with local legislation, including the Modern Slavery Act 2015. We may terminate our relationship with third parties engaged with us if they do not comply with this legislation.
Equality and Diversity
Harris Glubb seeks to work with organisations who:
- Want to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background, and make best use of their talents;
- Create a positive and supportive working environment;
- Protect employees from being discriminated against because of one or more of the protected characteristics (as per Equality Act 2010) that apply to them;
- Provide equal opportunity for everyone in the workforce, no matter their background or characteristics;
- Promote diversity in the workforce;
- Embrace and respond positively to changing demographics and working patterns.
Within its own business Harris Glubb will:
- Remain proactive in taking steps to ensure inclusion and engagement for all people who work for us;
- Eliminate any unlawful or unfair discrimination, including direct or indirect discrimination, discrimination by association, discrimination linked to a perceived characteristic, harassment and victimisation;
- Continue to work towards a culture that is diverse and inclusive
Corporate Social Responsibility, including Environment and Sustainability
Harris Glubb recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment and its community beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods. Our progress and the approaches we adopt are reviewed on a regular basis.
Harris Glubb undertakes to:
- Work with local suppliers where possible
- Promote where possible the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail and video / phone conferencing.
- Actively reduce its use of energy, water and other resources on an ongoing basis
- Minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation / regulation
- Ensure cleaning materials are as environmentally friendly as possible and only use appropriate licensed organisations to dispose of waste.
- Actively support staff who wish to volunteer with local charities, schools or other organisations